A couple of days later than we announced (sorry about that again), here's the fourth page of the comic book, the last one of the Hidden Land story. At last we can share this with you and talk about the similarities with the show. I know it's not much but it's doing this to have our minds busy or getting crazy waiting for the season finale.
- Fred, the story's main character, is wrapped in the kind of black smoke we saw on the third page, and as a result of that he's teleported to the Tibet, presumably in another point in time than the story until now.
- Looks like the dark and shadowy people that chased him are from an ancient civilization who created (or previously owned) the ring.
- The leader of this civilization tells Fred the ring has amazing powers than allowed his boss to achieve an outstanding financial success, despite its lack of happiness (like the numbers, maybe?).
- The ring has to go back to its owners, as they plan to give it to man kind at some point in the future, when men are pure at heart, so they can benefit from its powers.
The ending of the story arises some questions:
- Did the Lost creators based somehow the island's ancient civilization (remember the foot statue) on the one from the comic?
- Has some kind of relationship the appearance of the Tibet in the comic with the several mentions of Buddhism in Lost (Richard Alpert ritual with young Locke or the final word of the Dharma Initiative videos)?
- Is Jack chaotic and unhappy future an effect of leaving the island with something that doesn't belong to him (Aaron)?
I guess we'll have to wait and see for the season finale this Thursday to get answers to some of these questions. I don't know about you but I'm running out of nails!
DOWNLOAD THE FULL STORY: